Thursday, January 23, 2014

Coconut Chocolate Pistachio Cranberry Fudge

I can't believe I saved this in my folder but forgot to publish. This actually went into my little goodie packs for Christmas in 2013! Having said that,  it was also a very nice refreshing little treat to have in our freezer/fridge on hot summer days.




There is never a time when it is too hot for chocolate right?

I did this after I realised that coconut milk and chocolate goes SO well together. In all honesty, I think I need to experiment with this a little more because it becomes really soft in the heat. I believe I did not add enough chocolate for it to harden. In the freezer though, it becomes like a bite size chocolate crunch ice-cream.

That works for me too. ;)


Coconut Chocolate Pistacho Cranberry Fudge (around 16)
400 ml coconut cream
300 grams dark chocolate

1/4 cup of cranberries
1/4 cup of shelled pistachios

Simmer coconut cream till it becomes warm. Melt chocolate in it. Stir till it thickens- this will take around 20 minutes. Cool and place in moulds sprinkle pistachios and cranberries in it. Cool in fridge or freezer.


 photo MTWsignature_zpsaefba23f.png

3 comments:

Joanne said...

how delicious! I would love to have a batch in my fridge!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Cool! I loved that you used coconut cream instead of heavy cream! Got to try this!

WokandSpoon said...

You're right, it's never too hot for chocolate! That looks lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...