Friday, October 25, 2013

Contentment and Mocha Chia Seed Pudding



Contentment. I think that pretty much describes my life at the moment. From my university days to work, I have not felt this sense of contentment before. It's difficult to describe but I want to document this so I can reflect back on these early days of being a parent.

It's not as if my life is very exciting at the moment. It's 24/7 and tiring. Sometimes, dare I say, even mundane. Feed, play, sleep. Add in changing diapers, playing with Asher, cooking, cleaning, groceries..etc, it's routine at best. There are bad days and good days but mostly good.

The definition of exciting perhaps changed for me. Asher's ability to grasp items, laugh, stretch, flip...etc these normal developmental milestones of most children amazes me. Even though I work with children pretty much most of my life, I am still in awe by how the brain develops and pretty much how we develop from a tiny newborn to an infant and so forth. It's like watching everything I know comes to life.

I never thought I will be "that" mother. The kind of mother who secretly gushes about her own child and totally in love with him. The sort of mum who eagerly play and could spend hours gazing into the eyes of her child.

I love my husband but loving Asher is a different kind of ballpark sort of love altogether.

Gone were the days of rushing from one appointment to another. My working days were crammed of work, gym, cooking and social events. Yet now, I'm lucky if I have a 10 minute decent shower, have dinner at 7:30pm or drink my coffee/tea hot.

Although I have my new identity as a mum, I realised that I have to take time out for myself too. Just some quiet few minutes to say a prayer, and good decent exercise. Daily brisks walks with my hubby every evening, with Asher in the pram or carrier; gym 3x a week with a mix of metcon, konga and boxing plus mums and bubs swim class. It's a far stretch from my 6-7 hrs workout each week pre pregnancy.





At the moment, I am loving quick and healthy snacks. My bliss balls, yogurt, nuts are all handy to have in the pantry and fridge. I'm also finding chia seeds pudding irresistible when I have the sweet tooth. If only I can have Asher sleeping until I have a chance to finish my hot tea and a quick snack... it NEVER happened.

Mocha Chia Seed Pudding 
1 cup of chia seeds
1 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of espresso coffee
2 tsp of cacao powder
1 tsp of honey

Combine everything, fridge overnight. Serve with yogurt and fruit for a sweet treat or just eat it by itself by the spoonful when you have 2 seconds.



 photo MTWsignature_zpsaefba23f.png

4 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love it! Love the double layers and mocha!!

lena said...

good morning daphne! enjoy reading what you are currently going thru..no i dont think life is dull with all those diapers changing and cleaning up..hehe..i must try chia seeds one day,yet to try them. Have a good day!

tigerfish said...

Love this healthy pudding! and great to know your days are so well-spent :)
Take care...

Joanne said...

Aww I'm so happy that you're happy! And keeping up with doing things that are good for you. This chia pudding looks like the perfect quick snack to have on hand!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...