Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lemongrass Coconut Chicken and Leek Soup



Moving. I'm not sure if I am a fan of it. I actually don't mind the packing and unpacking bit- it's quite cathartic...culling old stuff.. re organising things... But only if I have the time! Meals become a hassle and I'm not sure where my baking dish went! (Talk about organisation. LOL)


Which is why we are having so many versions of soups these days. The more things I can cramp into one pot the better I say. Then I start filling my fridge and freezer with containers and we survive on them for a long time.

This is my mixed up version of chicken and leek soup. It has a little thai influence in it- aroma of lemon grass and some coconut milk (which means it isn't too good for freezing or keeping but oh well). I grated some ginger and it provided a lovely warmth to the body in this lovely cold weather.

This is only the start of our move. In the next few weeks, you will be reading some of my pre-prepared posts. It's exciting. and I can't wait to cook in our new kitchen.

Lemongrass Coconut Chicken and Leek Soup (Makes enough for at least 8 serving)
2 leeks chopped
2 red onions chopped
1 tablespoon of garlic
2 stalks of lemon grass, inner bit chopped
1 knob of ginger grated
2 red chill chopped
1 roast chicken meat removed
2 cups of button mushrooms chopped
3 carrots chopped
1 bunch of celery chopped
2 litre of chicken stock
.5 litre of water
1/4 cup of coconut milk


Saute leek, onions, garlic and chill till soft. Add lemongrass and cook till soft. Add all veges and cook till soft. Add stock- simmer for 10 minutes or so and add chicken. Taste. Simmer with coconut milk. Taste and season.

Photobucket

10 comments:

tigerfish said...

These days I have also lost the energy to cook as we are in the process of house-hunting and it's so tiring, not to mention about the remodeling work that may need to be done :( ...

Hope you enjoy the process and be happy in your new home.

Little Inbox said...

With coconut milk? Hmm...sounds interesting.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

lemongrass is such a wonderful ingredient to work with and I love that you used it in this soup with the chicken. It is like the ultimate chicken soup! Love it

Anh said...

what a comfort soup. My family will love it too!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yeah one pot dish would do in the process of moving. I would probably order in or do a take out on the first few days of moving. But I bet you would enjoy your new kitchen very much.

Joanne said...

I hate moving also! It's the worst. But if I had this soup to get by on, it would be infinitely better. Delicious!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Very healthy soup indeed.

lena said...

yeah, moving and all the packing can be so tiring, i dont think i even want to cook thinking about the packing process, probably just eat out or get take away food and save all that energy to pack and cook inb the new kitchen ..haha.. When are you moving?

Carole said...

This is a very nice chicken dish. Would you be happy to link it in to my Chicken Edition of Food on Friday? This is the link

helvyre said...

I really loved your recipe, and I'll try it! Today I wish you luck

numéro surtaxé

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...